Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Arrow "Sara" - Episode 3x02 Recap

After the ending of last week's episode, pretty much everyone knew we were in for an emotional ride again tonight. However, there were multiple different scenes that brought the fandom to tears, not just Sara's death.

**If you haven't watched this week's episode yet you may not want to read on because this post is NOT spoiler free**

The episode in its entirety was heart wrenching. Each and every member of Team Arrow was grieving in a different way, even if they weren't showing it. Felicity and Oliver's scene may have been one of the most emotional for me personally. Felicity expressing how Oliver needs to allow himself to show his emotions and choose to live instead of keeping them bundled up inside, along with Oliver's response that he can't crumble because everyone else expects him to lead, brought me to tears. Yes, the lines they said were filled with emotions, but the fact that Oliver is truly able to show how he feels around Felicity got to me as well.  He has no walls up around her. He's not afraid to show his emotions or how much he is hurting inside. That's what makes their relationship so great.

As for the Roy and Felicity hug... I definitely want to see more of their friendship.

Laurel. I felt myself feeling so sorry for Laurel throughout the entire episode. She's been through so much recently and to have her sister back, only to lose her has to be one of the hardest things she has to now face. I understand where she was coming from when she wanted to kill the man who she believed to be Sara's murderer, but it was in her best interest that Oliver removed the bullets from the gun. She's in an unstable state mentally to begin with, killing someone and becoming a murderer wouldn't make her feel better.

Felicity's line, "There's been a death in the family," broke my heart. Team Arrow is a family.  John and Lyla naming their daughter Sara was a nice touch and tribute to Sara's character.

The return of Tommy through the flashback was a little short for my liking, but I understand why due to how filled the episode was. Tommy is a character I miss so, so much, and I hope he gets to pop into an episode again soon. It was really great to see that Tommy wasn't going to give up on his best friend and believe that he was just gone, but rather go looking for him and try to find him to bring him home. Each time Tommy was talking about Oliver, and vice versa, they called each other 'best friend' and those two words made this flashback so much more emotional.

I was okay with the fact that Laurel didn't proceed to tell Lance about Sara's death, mainly because that would have added to the many emotions I was already feeling. However, I do hope they tell him soon because he deserves to know.

I know it was introduced during the last episode, but Roy's suit still makes me smile (just thought I'd mention this).

As for Ray... I really don't know how I feel about him right now. I'm on the fence about trusting him to be honest. Maybe after a few more episodes I'll be able to make a definite decision. The chemistry between him and Felicity... still don't know how to feel about that either.

The scene where Team Arrow buried Sara... need I say more? I've already said how emotional most of the scenes were, this one was no different.

The end scene with Thea... talk about badass. Thea's character development is going to be so interesting when we get to see more of her. She's definitely become such a strong person both mentally and physically, and I'm so excited to see that come into play.

Favorite Quotes from the episode:

So that’s it? You’re just going to spend your life hiding down here. In this cave. Waiting to die? I’m sorry. I’m not going to wait with you. Because if there’s one thing that today has taught me is that life is precious. And I want so much more in mine than this. - Felicity Smoak (I was so proud of Felicity for saying this. It shows how strong she is and how much she loves Oliver, that she can't watch him fall to pieces. She will always be there, he just needs to learn and choose to live.)

Because I don’t have the luxury of falling to pieces. Everyone is looking to me to handle things, to make the right decisions. Everyone is looking to me to lead. If I grieve, nobody else gets to.- Oliver Queen 

"There's been a death in the family." - Felicity Smoak 

John, I don’t want to die down here.”  - Oliver Queen 

What did you think of the episode?

And with that... we wait till next week for another episode.





0 comments:

Post a Comment